Problems with Frescobaldi and LilyPond

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Problems with Frescobaldi and LilyPond
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 19:27:08 -0700

Greetings -

I have a fairly unique problem, I think/hope.

I recently had to have my laptop completely re-setup with Ubuntu 22.04. The outfit that did it renamed my "Home" from rpalmer to ralph. They also managed to get rid of all my data and program files. I was able to do a full restore from my backup disk, but I couldn't get Frescobaldi or LilyPond to work.

I have installed Frescobaldi 3.2 and LilyPond 2.23.9. Frescobaldi seems to load correctly, and I can view a saved LilyPond file. However, when I try to compile, I get the following message :

%%%%%%%%%%
Starting lilypond 2.23.6 [banishMisfortune.ly] . . .
/home/ralph/bin/lilypond: 4: exec: /home/ralph/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond: not found
Exited with return code 127.

When I run "lilypond" from the terminal, I get the same message (see the attached screen shot). I think I used to make adjustments to PATH:, but I can't even find PATH.

Should I try a complete uninstall of LilyPond and Frescobaldi and start from scratch?

I appreciate any help and/or advice you can give.

All the best,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer