Piano pedalling in (conductor) scores

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Piano pedalling in (conductor) scores
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 12:48:33 +0100

Hi,

I realise that this is not necessarily a lilypond question per se, more of a general question for the professional copyists here: when preparing a conductor's score that also includes a piano (as an ensemble, not soloist) part, do you also include the pedalling information for the piano? How useful is that information for a conductor?

obligatory lilypond content: I always put the pedalling information in a Dynamic context to ensure it's lined up neatly (especially when using the line style); otherwise removing it would be simply by doing the following, correct?

\context Staff \with {
    \remove Piano_Pedal_engraver
}

[And if this question goes against list policies, just tell me to politely stuff it ;) ]

Thanks, kind regards,
sb

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and quick to anger.