Re: Piano pedalling in (conductor) scores

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Piano pedalling in (conductor) scores
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 14:58:04 +0200

Hi Simon,

I’d say this probably depends how intrusive the pedalling indications are to
the score. If you get clear advantages from doing so then it would be
reasonable to do it, it you do not there is no real reason to do it. Generally
omitting information from a conductors score is not something that should be
done lightly.

Regarding the other thing: Even when you use Dynamics you can simply do

\layout {
  \context {
    \Dynamics
    \remove Piano_pedal_engraver