#(layout-set-staff-size) seems to mess with vertical positioning for cer

From: Adam M. Griggs
Subject: #(layout-set-staff-size) seems to mess with vertical positioning for certain rests
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 21:11:55 +0900

For future search findability, I'm correcting the email subject heading.

Sorry for the oversight.

On Thu, 9 Jun 2022, 14:46 Adam M. Griggs, <adammgriggs@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello list,

#(layout-set-staff-size) seems to mess with vertical positioning for
r\longa, r\breve and multimeasure rests. Please see the attached
not-quite-minimal code sample.

If I adjust the score (book) size via #(set-global-staff-size)
instead, everything works as expected.

In case I'm missing something obvious, I just wanted to check in here
before submitting this as a bug.

On a related note, the two different methods of changing the staff
size yield different horizontal spacing. How can I avoid this? I'm
preparing a single book with scores ranging from six parts to over
twenty, so I need to alter this on the score level and the results
aren't ideal.