Re: Reducing spacing round clef between notes

From: Paul Hodges
Subject: Re: Reducing spacing round clef between notes
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 11:29:03 +0100

Thanks!  With that (and lots of fiddling with numbers) I have been able to get spacing nearly as tight as the composer's...   It took quite a while, as the interaction between the settings was hard to figure out, and because the Clef.X-extent in particular appears to change in steps rather than than smoothly (changes in the second decimal place have no effect, it seems).

My basic problem, I think, is that I haven't yet fully understood what of the many, many size and alignment options apply generally to all grobs, and also how they interact.

Anyway, I now have my solution, thanks.  See images to compare before and after.

Paul