Re: Most intuitive way to make custom bezier curves paths

From: Dimitris Marinakis
Subject: Re: Most intuitive way to make custom bezier curves paths
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 17:06:14 +0300

Hi Thomas,

This isn't wrong. I just want something that makes more sense to use as a slur and make changes to the curve easier than guesstimating each time I use the code. So I was looking to base some calculations for the points based on the X-extent of the slur I want to replace etc.

I think what I want is used the example I've attached. I'm just struggling to understand this code since it's not mine. I sort of know what it's doing but I can't modify it to suit my needs.

I want to replace the middle flat line portion with a third bezier curve that it's mostly flattened and is slightly thicker in the middle of the slur/tie.

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 2:18 PM Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> wrote:
Am Fr., 3. Juni 2022 um 17:12 Uhr schrieb Dimitris Marinakis
<dtsmarin02@gmail.com>:

> I want to experiment more with postscript paths but I find the methods I'm aware of confusing because they are based on absolute? points rather than a mathematical shape if that makes sense.
>
> I want to create a multisegment path from 3 cubic bezier curves.

Not sure I understand correctly...
Whats wrong with:

\markup
  \path