Exited with return code -1073741819

From: Ahanu Banerjee
Subject: Exited with return code -1073741819
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 16:17:06 -0400

Hello,

On Windows 11, I have been using 2.22 with no problems, but 2.23.x frequently hangs after "Interpreting music..." and says "Exited with return code -1073741819". Running lilypond again will sometimes work and sometimes returns the same error. I have not been able to identify a pattern other than that larger files have this problem more frequently.

I understand this is an access violation code, 0xC0000005, but I have no idea what's causing it. I don't have third-party antivirus software installed. I recently switched to Windows from Mac OS, so I'm totally inexperienced here.

Any tips for troubleshooting?

Thanks,
-Ahanu