Re: Exited with return code -1073741819

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Exited with return code -1073741819
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 00:29:03 +0200

*From: * Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>

    Le 09/06/2022 à 23:31, Paul Hodges a écrit :
    > I reported this a week and a half ago, with no response.

    Could you point to the message in the list archives
    (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/)? I may
have bad memory, but I'm not finding it.

Oh dear, that's because it's not there!  What I do have is my mail server's logs showing the Gnu mail server accepting it with a 200 when I sent it, so it has been either lost by that server, or rejected as spam without telling me (good practice would reject it without a 200).  Anyway, my message just now has the same information.

    When you say "alternate", do you see a pattern, or does it look
    random?

When I was trying it, it was initially literal alternate times - but on a later visit it wasn't as simple - I had several runs with the crash before a successful one.  I haven't revisited it again, as I'm in the throes of finishing off my biggest project yet (like, I've now got about an hour's work left before the final stage of proof reading).

If there's anything I can do to help diagnose this, just let me know.

Please try the bisection between versions as suggested in my first email. That would be very helpful.

The LilyPond source of the project that I tested is about 33kB, generating 5 pages of PDF.

    It's not unrelated; GLib is used by Pango, which LilyPond uses for
    font
rendering.

What I meant by unrelated is that the GLib message is referencing other programs on my machine, such as my password manager and others I can't recall - not the same program each time.   Why would that be happening at all?  I don't care that it's harmless, but I do care about what feels like intrusion - which will presumably continue even if the message gets suppressed again.

I'm not sure. Discovering fonts from the system is a complicated process. It's apparently trying to read some kind of configuration from the system, which raises a warning due to unrelated apps having messed up the configuration format, or something like that.

At any rate, there is definitely no "intrusion" on your system.

Jean