Re: stacking of figured bass elements

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: stacking of figured bass elements
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 15:56:06 -0400

Hi Jean,

Sorry I didn’t respond to this:

> For a start, this can be useful:
> {
>   \override Score.RehearsalMark.Y-offset = 4
>   \mark \markup { agt } g'1
>   \mark \markup { aht } g'1
>   \mark \markup { agt } g'1
> }

Well, yes… and I’ve used that mechanism in my scores. My frustration is that
we’re already talking about three different parameters — padding,
staff-padding, and Y-offset — which are used in order to align text above
staves to their baseline (which is what the hypothetical user is trying to do),
and they behave differently (inconsistently, not at all, etc.) across different
grobs.

Am I the only one who sees this situation as sub-optimal?

Thanks,
Kieren.