Re: stacking of figured bass elements

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: stacking of figured bass elements
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 15:37:22 -0400

Hi all,

Sorry for the typo in the last email… Here’s a “correct incantation”:

\version "2.23.4"
{
 \override Score.RehearsalMark.padding = #2
 \mark \markup { agt } g'1
 \mark \markup { aht } g'1
 \mark \markup { agt } g'1
}

I put “correct incantation” in quotes because it moves the RehearsalMarks, but
it’s not staff-padding [which would be consistent with the TextScript setting
David used], and it doesn’t align the markups to their baseline [as most users
would reasonably expect, and which would be consistent with other settings
like, apparently, TextScript.staff-padding].

This hodge-podge of apparently inconsistent parameters and behaviours is what I
refer to when I talk about how the markup handling in Lilypond isn’t optimal.

Cheers,
Kieren.