Re: framework-ps.scm error

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: framework-ps.scm error
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 09:39:32 -0500

On Mon 20 Jun 2022 at 16:00:04 (+1000), Andrew Bernard wrote:
> This is not something to do with Unicode characters in filenames, is
> it? Or has that been fixed since I last heavily used lilypond?
>
> Since I see Simplified Chinese in the email, is this a Chinese
> localised version of Windows 10? There may well be issues relating to
> that.
>
> Let's hear more form the OP.
>
> Perhaps also try installing the latest development version of
> lilypond? They are always very stable and nothing to be anxious about.

The thread starting at
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2022-05/msg00258.html
appears to show that the latest release is more finicky about locale
settings than 2.22.2 is.

My own experiments in that thread were carried out in Debian bullseye.
I wouldn't claim any knowledge of how Windows and Macs treat Unicode,
and particularly their handling of composed characters.

I notice that the OP's log output doesn't even show the filename,
backtick and apostrophe (ASCII 0x60 and 0x27), assuming this has been
pasted into the post without alteration/mishandling.

Cheers,
David.