Re: Looking for the proper term to search for... like a... prelude? mayb

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Looking for the proper term to search for... like a... prelude? maybe?
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 09:41:35 -0500

On 7/5/2022 9:03 AM, Kevin Cole wrote:
I just have no idea what the syntax for starting a new staff "late" is.

From this email list I learned the term "Frenched Score." It refers to removing unused staves, and is explained at the documentation link given earlier:

<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/modifying-single-staves.html#hiding-staves>

Which place also shows the \RemoveAllEmptyStaves command for doing that.

For the vocal staff starting 8 measures later, I'd try giving it full-measure rests like { R1 } until it's ready to start.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA