Re: Installing Lilypond 2.23.10

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Installing Lilypond 2.23.10
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:30:36 -0700

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 9:51 AM David Sumbler <david@aeolia.co.uk> wrote:

> I moved the 2.23.10 folder to my home folder.  I tried making soft and hard
> links in my $HOME/bin folder to
>  $HOME/lilypond-2.23.10/bin/lilypond, but for some reason I couldn't get it
> to run, even though $HOME/bin is the first item in my PATH.  I haven't yet
> fathomed out why this was, but I worked around it by adding a direct
> reference to the folder as you suggested.

Here is my CLI LilyPond script:

### Start script
#!/bin/bash

LY_HOME="${LY_HOME:-/path/to/your/lilypond-2.22.2/bin}"
$LY_HOME/lilypond $@
### End script

I put this script in my local bin directory.  It uses the LY_HOME
variable (not official or anything).  If you set it before you run the
script, it will use your set LY_HOME.  Otherwise, it will default to
/path/to/your/lilypond-2.22.2/bin.

HTH

--
Knute Snortum