Re: Code pointer from end-BarLine to previous NoteHead.?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Code pointer from end-BarLine to previous NoteHead.?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 09:59:42 +0200

Am So., 17. Juli 2022 um 09:26 Uhr schrieb Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>:

> Le 17/07/2022 à 01:25, Thomas Morley a écrit :
> > Thanks for your explanations, right now I had only a quick glance over
> > them.
> > I'll hopefully have some time soon to dive into it...
> > Nevertheless, before I posted the problem I searched for an
> > 'original'-BarLine-grob, as we have for broken spanners.
> > For (maybe broken) spanners I sometimes switch to that
> > 'original'-grob, would it improve the situation if we had some
> > 'original' for items as well?
>

> D'oh, why didn't think about that? It does solve the problem too
> (and more elegantly):

[...]

> Not sure why it didn't work when you tried?

Well, actually I searched for a _function_ returning the unbroken
_item_, because I was under the impression ly:grob-original was fpr
spanners only.
Thus I didn't try it out, my bad.

After a night full sleep, I reseached ly:grob-original in our code base.

I found only one instance where ly:grob-original is used for grobs
which may not be spanners: `offsetter' in music-functions.scm.
Though IR says:
Function: ly:grob-original grob
  Return the unbroken original grob of grob.
Coming from
Return the unbroken original grob of @var{grob}.
in grob-scheme.cc

I think it would be more clear to do