Re: Code pointer from end-BarLine to previous NoteHead.?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Code pointer from end-BarLine to previous NoteHead.?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 20:16:48 +0200

Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> writes:

> I will not vanish from the list/project in the foreseeable future,
> unless hit by bus...
>
> Though in my humble opinion meaningful error messages are the most
> pressing issue and I don't see I could do anything to improve the
> situation.
> That is frustrating, furthermore I was stuck in a huge coding I could
> not debug, because of those not-messages.
> (I'll insert some german words now, not knowing them in english).
> Every time I get such a not-message it feels like "Verarschung".

"getting bullshitted", more or less.  With a similar departure from
polite discourse due to the raised emotions.

> At the end of a day I feel not frustrated but realy pissed.
>
> Sometimes writing about that is a possbility come down a bit, even at
> the risk someone gives me a "Kopfnuss". ;)

rap/whack on the head.

> Nevertheless, did you read
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2022-07/msg00234.html
> ?
> Thanks Jean, I found a possibility to workaround.
>
> That said, ...
> It shouldn't be that hard to code with guilev2 in LilyPond.

Well, we start mostly with reaping the drawbacks because the benefits
require more rewriting of LilyPond.

Yes, getting the debugging into saner shape would appear important.

--
David Kastrup