Re: Code pointer from end-BarLine to previous NoteHead.?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Code pointer from end-BarLine to previous NoteHead.?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 14:46:15 +0200

Le 18/07/2022 à 18:43, Lukas-Fabian Moser a écrit :
Forgive me for piping up:
I'm not able to say what happened, I'm not able to debug because of
that unhelpful (oh, I'm very polite this evening) guile messages, see
the other thread.

I'm overtired like hell, close to trashing the whole project, and
close to advertising everyone to not use LilyPond for huge custom
codings.

That would be a pity, seeing as you're one of the most virtuoso suppliers of non-trivial LilyPond scheme extensions.

I regularly switch back to old Guile v1.8 LilyPond versions (that's very easy in Frescobaldi) if my Scheme code gets to complicated for me - this happens quite often :-) - and I want to have meaningful debug messages. Maybe that's a compromise one has to make for the time being.

In any case, please don't let yourself get frustrated: Remember how lots of people were very grateful for your experiences and insights regarding extending LilyPond you could share in Salzburg two years ago; they are even more important since you declare yourself to be "not a programmer", if I recall correctly, and hence probably closer to the LilyPond users without a computer science/maths/... background than most people on this list (and certainly on -devel) are. This project needs you. :-)

Hang on in there!

+1. Thanks for saying this.