Undertie in lyrics to show no breath

From: mancunius
Subject: Undertie in lyrics to show no breath
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 11:34:58 +0100

Hello. In the following example I want the undertie to be placed between the 2 “O sacrum convivium” lines of lyrics, to indicate that no breath should be taken by the singers - as per the normal choral convention. (cf. the commented-out \breathe command in the music itself.) As it currently compiles, the undertie is placed beneath the word “O” of the second phrase. How do I adjust it so that it becomes a link between the 2 phrases, not part of one of them? (I’ve attached a screenshot of what I would like to achieve)

Thanks,

mancunius

\version "2.20.0"
\language "english"

global =
{
\key d \major
}

soprano=\relative c'{
r2 r4 fs
b4 b8 b d2 ~
d4 cs cs %\breathe
d ~
d8 cs b4 b as
b2. fs4
fs2 r2
}

sopranotext=\lyricmode{
O sa -- crum con -- ví -- vi -- um, \markup\undertie
O __ sa -- _ crum con -- ví -- vi -- um
}

\score {
{
\new Staff <<
\global
\new Voice="v1"
{
\clef "treble"
\soprano
}
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "v1" {\sopranotext}