Re: Change to \rest markup in 2.23

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Change to \rest markup in 2.23
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 15:10:42 +0200

Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

> Le 20/07/2022 à 14:57, David Kastrup a écrit :
>> The rule was used for converting all the old stuff in the repo, so it
>> wasn't broken at one point of time.  This would suggest either a Python
>> update effect or some editing.  Or for some reason this particular input
>> escapes the pattern match.
>>
>> I'll try fixing that, too.
>
> It seems to work for
>
> \markup { \note ... }
>
> but not for
>
> \markup \note ...

Yup.  matchfullmarkup does not cover the undelimited case it would seem.
And it's tricky for the likes of

\markup \with-color #red \note #"4."

to figure out the scope of the markup.  There were some patterns/rules
that did so, I think maybe in relation to the \footnote markup.  Not
sure that can of worms is a good idea to open up, but possibly covering
the trivial case at least helps.

--
David Kastrup