Re: Last note of a first alternative is a tie to the first note in the r

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Last note of a first alternative is a tie to the first note in the repeat; how to engrave this?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 15:29:55 +0200

Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolcott@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Hwaen and David;
>
>   Thank you very much for your replies.
>
>   It does solve the problem.
>
>   I saw that command but, for some reason I did not think it applied
> to my situation.

The current naming is a drag.

"\repeatTie" and "\laissezvibrer" are a stupid combination of terms for
the two different half ties you need to deal with in the context of
repeats or other visual non-linearities.

\startTie and \stopTie would make a lot more sense (even though they
don't need to be matched at all).  \laissezvibrer might be an alias,
though I am not sure whether it would not, in that function, be
deserving of some tweaks giving it a longer minimal visual length.

It could also be complemented by \startSlur and \stopSlur that have
similar problems but actually differing visuals, and tend to reach
closer to the respective bar line.

Possibly \startSlur <ending pitch> and \stopSlur <starting pitch> in
order to get sensible/matching curvature.

--
David Kastrup