Re: Last note of a first alternative is a tie to the first note in the r

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Last note of a first alternative is a tie to the first note in the repeat; how to engrave this?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 16:58:24 +0200

On 28/07/2022 16:25, David Kastrup wrote:
There is also \startTrillSpan/\stopTrillSpan, \startGroup/\stopGroup,
\startGraceSlur/\stopGraceSlur, \startTextSpan/\stopTextSpan,
\startMeasureCount/\stopMeasureCount,
\startMeasureSpanner/\stopMeasureSpanner .  On the opposite side, there
is \endSpanners.

All of these strictly imply the beginning/end of typesetting, but then
the problem of halfties is that the usual connection of beginning/end of
typesetting with the flow of time is not there.
Exactly, I think this would be very misleading.
I was thinking of \leftTie/\rightTie instead, but then is the tie
pointing to the left, or is it supposed to be at the left end of a
repeat section?  I thought start/stop would be less ambiguous even if
somewhat uglier.

I find it difficult to come up with something succinct— \halfTieToTheLeft and \halfTieToTheRight would be clear, but way too cumbersome. Actually, I think \halfTieLeft and \halfTieRight would work just fine. There’s potential for confusion, but not if it’s clear that the direction is from the note head. Does that make sense?

Best, Simon