Re: very simple off-topic question regarding command line viewing of pos

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: very simple off-topic question regarding command line viewing of postscript files on macOS
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 19:24:32 +1000

Well the OP said he wants to simplify his workflow. And of course there is no need to convert postscript to PDF because you can just use normal Lilypond output. And he said he wants to view the postscript.

Sure this is an XY question, but the question for the OP is, in what way does outputting postscript simplify your workflow? What are you trying to achieve?

If you look at this list and many others, people ask questions because they are puzzled or stumped, and may not always ask the most pertinent question, perfectly phrased and in precise context.  I think this is totally forgivable. Labelling queries XY may not be the most helpful response when people are just seeking answers and floundering. Go easy on them. :-)

Andrew