Re: Individual stencils in key signature

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Individual stencils in key signature
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 13:40:15 +0200

Le 2 août 2022 à 23:34, Leo Correia de Verdier <leo.correia.de.verdier@gmail.com> a écrit :

Thanks a lot!

This is impressive and is helping me a lot to both understand and manage my issue.

Thing is I wanted narrower accidentals, and instead of doing it the proper way and redesigning the font I hacked them with a callback with ly:stencil-scale . Then I realised I wanted the key signatures to match the accidentals inside the music and have to cover my first hack with a second, even worse one…

Then, how about using the same technique with ly:stencil-scale on the whole KeySignature stencil? If this leads to the accidentals being too close to each other, you can increase the gaps using the padding-pairs property as shown here:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#alternate-accidental-glyphs

Best,
Jean