Re: Prototype Frescobaldi in the browser [URL correction]

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Prototype Frescobaldi in the browser [URL correction]
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2022 00:02:41 +0200

Hi Mike,

small correction: The # is what coders call a _hash,_ a _hash tag_ is a
certain way of specifying tags in content by prepending a hash originating
from twitter.

I do like that this thing comes with KDE Dolphin installed, but I’m not sure
if this will really be that usable. What we have here is mostly a specialized
text editor that calls a CLI program. It should be quite possible to create a
responsive web interface doing exactly that (maybe even using parts of
Frescobaldi’s python functions under the hood). That also has the benefit of
being much easier to control how users might interact with the system
(security concerns?).

The problem with this design is that it simulates a window manager within a
browser window, which is totally unnecessary, and then has to relay drawing
and interaction over the webinterface, which is quite laggy.

Cheers,
Valentin