Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.2

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.2
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 23:09:03 +0200

Hello Jean-Louis,

Le 15/08/2022 à 00:28, Jean Louis THIRY a écrit :
Hello friends,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your answers even if they don't really answer mine. In fact, to ask my question I just replied to an existing thread on this list, several months old (May 2022) and whose subject line is: "Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.2". Nothing exciting in this title which is a response to the announcement of version 3.2 of Frescobaldi which has existed since May 2022.

On the other hand I have already exposed my problem before on this list and I asked my question again because I had not had any answer, neither from the list nor from Wilbert Berendsen to whom my question was also intended.

It's a bit tricky to answer questions like this remotely because it
depends so much on many details like your system, what versions of
Python you have, how exactly you installed Frescobaldi ...

OK, so what did you do exactly from the INSTALL file? I see several
different options mentioned there.

Also, what command are you using to run Frescobaldi? Is it just "frescobaldi"?
In that case, what does "which frescobaldi" give you?

At no time did I think that the "subject" line of my message would be more important than the "subject" of the message. I didn't expect to be greeted so rudely either.

Communication on mailing lists tends to be ambiguous, unfortunately.
I don't think anyone meant to be rude to you.

Apparently I'm in the wrong place to ask my question.

I believe it is the right place, but your question is simply not
an easy question.

Best,
Jean