Re: [was: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.2]

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: [was: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.2]
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 11:55:49 +0200

Dear Jean Louis,

I agree with Jean-Julien's message.
I just want to add a couple of points.

Il giorno gio 18 ago 2022 alle ore 03:10 Jean Louis THIRY
<thiryjl@icloud.com> ha scritto:
> I think I have made quite a bit of progress in the great forest of my
> ignorance. I took your advice first and installed Macport
> (https://www.macports.org/install.php) and invoked "sudo port install
> frescobaldi". Installation stopped when asked to install Xcode. It took me
> trying to figure out what Xcode was for and finding the huge
> "Xcode_11.3.1.xip" file and installing it.

The page you link (https://www.macports.org/install.php) has a
step-by-step installation guide, including the instructions to get
Xcode and the Command Line Tools.

> is it possible to uninstall Frescobaldi using some magic formula like "sudo
> port uninstall frescobaldi" and do an install again so that the installer
> finds the sdk file.

I agree with Jean-Julien that uninstalling Frescobaldi should not be necessary.
Anyway, if you have doubts on using MacPorts, please see the guide at
https://guide.macports.org

It seems to me that now your immediate problems are solved.
If that's not true or if anything else arises you can write to either
the LilyPond or the Frescobaldi list.
I admit I tend to disappear for long periods (due to personal and
professional reasons) and I'm very sorry for that: if that happens you
can write to me directly to get my attention.

Best wishes.
Davide