Re: Why not have a Lilypond documentation set arranged as layman's Q: do

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Why not have a Lilypond documentation set arranged as layman's Q: does LP do this?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 08:01:21 -0500

On 8/18/2022 5:48 AM, Andrew Bernard wrote:
Every layman seems to have a different 'layman's term' for things, some of which are true alternatives and some of which are just plain wrong.

Doing residential tech support, I will never forget the man who referred to the desktop background picture as "the screen saver." Or the lady, may she rest in peace, whose term for all forms of email was "Outlook Express."

I don't think, as you say, your question is dumb, and in no way intend to diminish it with my comments. I just think this is what I call a 'hard problem.'

I agree, and appreciate the effort you put into writing that.

I second Jean Abou Samra's motion for expanding the index if it seems good to so so.

Lilypond.org is hosted on a Google service, I believe? Are there ways to see what search terms people use to arrive at given documentation resources?

If there are recognizable patterns, like there's this one word people follow over and over again to a manual page mostly using unlike terms, maybe that could be seen as a call to add an index entry.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA