Font path/finding issue on Mac OS Big Sur

From: Alex Harker
Subject: Font path/finding issue on Mac OS Big Sur
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 13:21:07 +0100

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me debug a missing fonts issue on Mac. I’m
having an issue with a score that was working on a previous Lilypond.app based
install on a previous OS.

* My install *
- I installed lilpond via Homebrew
- I am running it via the latest Mac Frescobaldi release
- I have installed the Ekmelos font to the system (and it is visible in other
Mac apps such as textedit

* The issue*
- When I typeset the Ekmelos font gets auto-substituted with no warning and my
pdf is incorrect
- When I look at “Document Fonts” in Frescobaldi I don’t see Ekmelos listed
anywhere

I can put the font files where I need them to be, but my understanding is that
lily pond should be searching the system fonts.

Any help that anyone can offer would be great.

Alex