Re: Duet part, rehearsal marks for both parts?

From: Wol
Subject: Re: Duet part, rehearsal marks for both parts?
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 19:09:28 +0100

On 16/10/2022 16:47, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Kenneth,

I guess I should just learn how to do tags :-)

Well, yes, you should… but I don't think that's the proper solution to the
problem you've stated (as I understand it).

1. Put all your "global" data (time signatures, rehearsal marks, tempi, etc.)
in a single variable.

2. Add that variable in a non-staff context (e.g., TextLine or MarkLine) above
whichever staff context(s) you want to see the rehearsal marks.

It's that simple — no tags required.  =)

And this is probably not the right solution in the right place, but the other "obvious" solution is, is your rehearsal mark engraver in the right context? Should you move it from staff to score context, or vice versa (I don't know which one it is, or which one it should be, just that the question makes it sound like it's the wrong one).

As I say, I don't think this is your answer, but this should have been one of the first possible answers you should have thought of.

Cheers,
Wol