Appoggiatura in bass clef at start of piece

From: Peter Mitton
Subject: Appoggiatura in bass clef at start of piece
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 17:03:55 +0100

Hi,

I’m wondering if there is a better way of writing this code:

\version "2.22.2"

\new Staff {
  <<
                                % \time 6/8
                                % \clef bass
    \new Voice = "a" {
      \voiceFour
      \time 6/8 \clef bass \appoggiatura c,8 c1 \appoggiatura c,8 c1
    }
    \new Voice = "b" {
      \voiceThree
      \grace s8  e1 \grace s8 e1

This is the only place I’ve found where I can place the bass clef without an
additional treble clef appearing before the first appoggiatura (with multiple
ledger lines).

Similarly this is the only place I’ve found where I can place the time
signature where it doesn’t appear after the first appoggiatura.

The second appogggiatura works without problem wherever I declare the rhythm or
clef (e.g. in the above commented section or in a global)

I’m sure I’m missing something simple, but any suggested improvements would be
most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Pete