Re: MetronomeMark in line with sectionLabel

From: Edizioni Migliori
Subject: Re: MetronomeMark in line with sectionLabel
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 10:33:47 -0500

Thanks; that is what I ended up doing. Not sure why I missed your email earlier.

-Ahanu

On Mon, Oct 31, 2022, 19:14 Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Le 29/10/2022 à 22:46, Edizioni Migliori a écrit :
> Is it possible to make a MetronomeMark (tempo indication) appear
> immediately to the right of a \sectionLabel, ideally also
> vertically-aligned? The only way I have found so far is by overriding
> X-offset, which seems convoluted. See example below:
>
>     \version "2.23.80"
>     \language "english"
>     { \sectionLabel \markup \bold \smallCaps "Gigue"
>     %\override Score.MetronomeMark.X-offset = #9
>     \tempo 4 = 100
>     \repeat unfold 8 c'' }

Honestly, I think the simplest solution for now is to insert the
tempo text into the section label, even though that is not semantically
ideal.

\version "2.23.80"

\language "english"
{
   \sectionLabel \markup {
     \bold \smallCaps "Gigue"
     \hspace #0.5
     \fontsize #-3 { \rhythm {{4}} = 100 }
   }
   \repeat unfold 8 c''
}

If you still want the tempo reflected in MIDI output, you could
use the method shown in this snippet:
https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=571

Best,
Jean