Re: Adding durations (for \after)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Adding durations (for \after)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 09:42:32 -0500

Hi Jean,

> On Nov 11, 2022, at 5:53 PM, Kieren MacMillan <kieren@kierenmacmillan.info>
> wrote:
>> Are you referring to one specific mailing list thread, or several of them?
> Many of them, over several decades.  =)

Here's one concrete example:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-12/msg00790.html

“Annoyance: the expressive part needs skips of the durations corresponding to
the notes in between the expressive marks. Someday, I hope that LilyPond will
have the facility to mark temporal points in various parts so that they can be
aligned without counting out the beats correctly in each one.”

Cheers,
Kieren.