Re: "loco" after ottava

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: "loco" after ottava
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 20:14:16 +0100

Le 02/12/2022 à 02:27, Joel C. Salomon a écrit :
Piece of music I have in front of me puts the text "loco." above the
first note after an ottava.  See also the attached example, from
<https://dictionary.onmusic.org/terms/17-8va>.

The code below does not work, which makes me suspect I do not in fact
understand the spanner interface. (I tried to adapt the example from
crescendo spanners.)  The less-elegant solution of "just use
`\textMark` on the next note" works fine, but it feels like I'm
missing something obvious.

bound-details is in fact not a property attached to spanner-interface
(https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/internals/spanner_002dinterface)
but to the more specific line-spanner-interface
(https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/internals/line_002dspanner_002dinterface),
which OttavaBracket currently does not implement. Therefore, it's
expected that this doesn't work.

The primary purpose of text marks is to be aligned to bar lines
and to be performance indications for all staves (Text_mark_engraver
lives in Score by default and the marks are typeset above all
staves). Is a text mark really what you want here? I would just
use a text script:

\version "2.23.82"

{
  r4