Re: Frescobaldi on Hi-res monitors

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi on Hi-res monitors
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 12:22:33 -0700

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 12:04 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Le 02/12/2022 à 18:02, Abraham Lee a écrit :
> Touche lol.
>
> To be fair, I was in my bed when I responded to Andrew, but now that
> I'm back at my computer, I've checked what I've got installed:
>
> Frescobaldi: 3.2
>
> Extension API: 0.9.0
>
> Python: 3.6.8
>
> python-ly: 0.9.5
>
> Qt: 5.13.2
>
> PyQt: 5.13.2
>
> sip: 5.0.0
>
> qpageview: 0.6.2
>
> poppler: 0.83.0
>
> python-poppler-qt: 0.75.0
>
> OS: Windows-10-10.0.19041

OK. How did you install Frescobaldi? Is this the official installer (in
which case I am surprised because Python 3.6 has been EOL for almost a
year and Qt 5.13 for more than two years)? If so, please file an issue
on https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi, preferably with a
screenshot to help understanding what is happening exactly. If not, can
you first try with more up-to-date tools?

Good questions. I had to retrace my tracks, but I can say I used the official 3.2 installer and did it in mid-October of this year, so everything is stock as-provided in the installer. I do have Python 3.10.7 installed elsewhere on my machine. I'll see if I can update the components and, if not, I'll file an issue on Github. Thanks!

Best,
Abraham

P.S. I happened to have an older version of Frescobaldi accessible (2.18), which uses a very old Qt4 library and it displays correctly. So, I'll probably just file an issue.