Re: Resize \rhythm in mixed markup

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Resize \rhythm in mixed markup
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 13:36:46 +0100

Am So., 8. Jan. 2023 um 11:13 Uhr schrieb Thomas Morley
<thomasmorley65@gmail.com>:

> Am So., 8. Jan. 2023 um 10:21 Uhr schrieb Thomas Morley
> <thomasmorley65@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > consider below
> >
> > \version "2.24.0"
> >
> > \score {
> >   { g'1^\markup { My Rhythm \rhythm { 8[ 8] } } }
> >   \layout {
> >     \context {
> >       \StandaloneRhythmStaff
> >       fontSize = #6
> >     }
> >   }
> > }
> >
> > I'll have numerous such markups combining straight text and \rhythm.
> > Thus I'd like to have a method to adjust the \rhythm-part in a
> > score-layout without affecting other parts of TextScripts.
> > Alas the setting fontSize takes no effect.
> >
> > How to?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >   Harm
>
> Actually it works, if the \layout is placed toplevel.
> A bug?

Hi Jean,

I came across this and other complications while rewriting the lsr
snippet about rhythm marks.
Please take a look at
https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=204
with the new code (the old one is commented for now).
Several comments at toplevel and inline.

I aimed at a smaller size and all Beams and (flagged) Stems should end
at the same height.
Can this be achieved more easily?

Thanks,
  Harm