Re: Resize \rhythm in mixed markup

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Resize \rhythm in mixed markup
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 22:17:05 +0100

Am Di., 10. Jan. 2023 um 02:44 Uhr schrieb David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org>:

> Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Am So., 8. Jan. 2023 um 10:21 Uhr schrieb Thomas Morley
> > <thomasmorley65@gmail.com>:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> consider below
> >>
> >> \version "2.24.0"
> >>
> >> \score {
> >>   { g'1^\markup { My Rhythm \rhythm { 8[ 8] } } }
> >>   \layout {
> >>     \context {
> >>       \StandaloneRhythmStaff
> >>       fontSize = #6
> >>     }
> >>   }
> >> }
> >>
> >> I'll have numerous such markups combining straight text and \rhythm.
> >> Thus I'd like to have a method to adjust the \rhythm-part in a
> >> score-layout without affecting other parts of TextScripts.
> >> Alas the setting fontSize takes no effect.
> >>
> >> How to?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>   Harm
> >
> > Actually it works, if the \layout is placed toplevel.
> > A bug?
>
> Try <https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1810>
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Hi David,

I used below test-code and commented/uncommented the color settings.

\layout {
  \context {
    \StandaloneRhythmScore
    \override NoteHead.color = #red
  }
  \context {
    \StandaloneRhythmStaff
    \override NoteHead.color = #green
  }
  \context {
    \StandaloneRhythmVoice
    \override NoteHead.color = #blue

\markup \rhythm { { 2 } }

\score {
  { g^\markup \rhythm { { 1 } } }
  \layout {
    \context {
      \StandaloneRhythmScore
      \override NoteHead.color = #cyan
    }
    \context {
      \StandaloneRhythmStaff
      \override NoteHead.color = #yellow
    }
    \context {
      \StandaloneRhythmVoice
      \override NoteHead.color = #grey

Afaict, it works fine, the score-layout is taken into account and
takes precedence over the toplevel one.
Very nice!

No idea why the pipeline fails for !1810 ...

Many thanks for your work!

Best,