Re: Multiple instances of same articulation/bowing on one note

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: Multiple instances of same articulation/bowing on one note
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:41:47 -0800

On Wed, Feb 01, 2023 at 03:37:47AM +0100, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> On 01/02/2023 03:34, kieren@kierenmacmillan.info wrote:
> > Hi Ahanu,
> >
> >> g_\upbow ^\upbow g g % fails
> >
> > I would personally consider that a bug!
>
> script-engraver.cc:
>
> void
> Script_engraver::listen_articulation (Stream_event *ev)
> {
>   /* Discard double articulations for part-combining.  */
>   for (vsize i = 0; i < scripts_.size (); i++)
>     if (scm_is_eq (get_property (scripts_[i].event_, "articulation-type"),
>                    get_property (ev, "articulation-type")))
>       return;
[...]

Hmm. Shouldn't this be done only in the case of part combining? I.e.,
only when \partCombineXxx is being used.  But I'm not sure how practical
it is to implement this, though, if part combining is done very early in
the process and relies on later stages to de-duplicate articulations.

Maybe somehow attach an internal mark to notes that result from part
combining, so that the above code can be conditioned on this mark?

Ignorance is bliss... until you suffer the consequences!