Re: rehearsalMarkFormatter => markFormatter in 2.24.0

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: rehearsalMarkFormatter => markFormatter in 2.24.0
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 19:03:47 +0100

Le vendredi 10 mars 2023 à 14:35 +0000, Richard Shann a écrit :

sorry, yes, I just assumed it had been shortened not lengthened.

It was renamed because LilyPond gained other “mark formatters”, such as segnoMarkFormatter and codaMarkFormatter.

for anyone listening in that needs an extra ")" i.e.

xxx = #(if (ly:version? >= '(2 23 6)) 'rehearsalMarkFormatter'markFormatter)

Yes, sorry.

This ly:version is new to me I'm ashamed to say. Does it raise the possibility of writing chunks of LilyPond that are conditional on the version I wonder? I would perhaps need to phrase that as a specific question about some particular construct ...

Yup, you can use it to make decision in Scheme based on the LilyPond version, and since a lot of LilyPond's constructs can be controlled from Scheme, it can be applied in many cases.