lmc-dev

Re: [lmc-dev] Unability to open amc-Files

From: lmc-dev
Subject: Re: [lmc-dev] Unability to open amc-Files
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:52:04 +0200

Hi Uwe, -

thanks for the quick response!

This happens with both, files just created with Moviefly (even blank ones), as well as with files from AMC.

The AMC Files are Version 3.5, but look the same otherwise. However, at the present time I just wish to be able to open any files with Moviefly before I try to import my collection from AMC :-)

Running 'file' yields "data" in all cases, except for blank ones (created by Moviefly) which are identified as "ASCII text, with no line terminators".

Is there anything I can add to the relevant sections of the source code, to debug this more thoroughly?

Greetings from Cologne :-)
- Martin

address@hidden wrote:

The messages on the console read:
[LMCMain] DEBUG: Autoprobing file format
[LMCMain] ERROR: Cannot read file format: /usr/home/martin/test.amc

Any idea how I could trace this down?

It seems you have saved the file with AMC afterwards? Otherwise maybe AMC transparently upgrades to a newer file version.
Try a head on the file:
$ head /usr/home/martin/test.amc

The first line should be:

AMC_3.3 Ant Movie Catalog 3.3.x www.buypin.com www.ant.be.tf
This is the ID for v3.3 format.

Moviefly is currently still working with AMCs file format v3.3, but IIRC AMC has a newer version 3.4 and upgraded to an XML file format.
Moviefly does not read newer versions above 3.3.

Also LMC saves strings in utf-8, while AMC uses the current Windows CP - which might yield some encoding problems with AMC on non-english texts.

Does AMC allow explicit saveing in v3.3 format?

Otherwise I'll guess I'll have to go program something to include v3.4 file format. ;)

Ciao
Uwe