lmi

Re: [lmi] gcc-12 (was: winediag:getaddrinfo Failed to resolve your host

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] gcc-12 (was: winediag:getaddrinfo Failed to resolve your host name IP)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 01:37:51 +0200

On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 23:24:38 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> But I found that 'bookworm' now has gcc-12 for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu:
GC>
GC> /opt/lmi/src/lmi/compiler_gcc_version.make:67: Untested cpp version '12'
GC> /opt/lmi/src/lmi/compiler_gcc_version.make:75: Untested g++ version '12'
GC>
GC> so now I have lots of fresh puzzles to keep me occupied.

 I haven't tested gcc 12 with lmi yet, but I did test it with wx and
supporting it required just a few fixes for the warnings that you're not
going to care about anyhow, as they occur either in the code that lmi
makefiles don't compile at all (e.g. in the tests) or are suppressed by the
use of -isystem anyhow.

 But, just in case you run into anything similar while testing, here is one
fix which took me some time to find:

https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/87836e0b976cc28076c249d3d8a89f6ba04e1649

 Other than that I only had to deal with a few new occurrences of
-Warray-bounds that were perfectly justified as wx tests indeed created
invalid, dangling pointers. But this shouldn't happen in lmi code.

 FWIW I did plan to test lmi with gcc 12, but this probably won't happen
before the end of the month, so perhaps you will have done it already by
the time I get to it -- please let me know if you (but don't push your
commits for whatever reason; otherwise I will notice them myself, of
course).

 Thanks,
VZ