lout-users

Re: Lout on QNX - newbie

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: Lout on QNX - newbie
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:45:58 +0200 (METDST)

> I'm going to be using Lout as a PostScript-generating back-end for our
> SGML documents; to that end, I'm whipping off a simple proof-of-concept
> QNX SGML->Lout converter today in OmniMark.  The idea is to get
> something printing out using Lout's default formatting rules/styles and
> to later go back and design a real live QNX stylesheet for Lout.

BTW, I've converted SGML according to a simple DTD of mine to Lout using
nsgmls, Perl, and SGMLS.pm.  It's really quite ad-hoc, but in case you're
interested, drop me a note.

[I just saw QNX is looking for an R&D technical writer with SGML
experience--this isn't the same project, by any chance?  But I guess it
would help being a native speaker of English for that position...]

--
Michael Piotrowski                         <address@hidden>
                              <http://www.linguistik.uni-erlangen.de/~mxp/>