lout-users

Re: Continuing Numbered Lists

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Continuing Numbered Lists
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 12:37:13 +1000

> Using the vertical bars as the page edges the appearance of a
> table with three columns might look like
>
> |      Col A   Col B                    Col C                   |
>
> With a dummy column D inserted, it would appear as
>
> |      Col A   Col B    Col C                                   |

Right.  I think this is more in the nature of a feature than a bug.
It's quite important for Lout to be willing to venture into the
far right, otherwise when you need it you can't get it.  Without
testing I would guess that

   @LI @HContract { ... }

would keep the list item at its minimum reasonable width.

In any case this sounds as though it is worth looking into, and
probably saying something about in the User's Guide.  So I'll do that.

Jeff