lout-users

hp4000 printers

From: Robert Valliant
Subject: hp4000 printers
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 13:28:53 -1000

I just subscribed to this list. Naturally I have a problem.

@SysInclude { fig }
@SysInclude { doc }

@Doc @Text @Begin
@LP
@CD @Heading clines @Break { School of Hawaiian, Asian and Pacific Studies
Alumni Questionnaire  }
@LP
Other Professional pursuits:
@PP
I am a pilot for Northwest Airlines in my spare time. Since we
just negotiated a new contract, I can make $250,000 a year for just 1
week's work. Too good to pass up. I am also a professional mountain
climber in Asia. Thus far, I am scaled K-2 and am planning an assault
on Everest, along with my colleagues, in the spring of 2000 ---
to celebrate the millennium.
@LP

@End @Text

Printing this vanilla file on an hp4000N printer results in a nicely
printed page, but there is a second page with the word "undefine"
printed 1 inch from the bottom and about 1.25 inches from the left
margin. It must be 72 pt type. So not all of it fits.

I tried sending ehandler.ps (from the adobe website) to the printer
first, but it reports no error.

The file prints perfectly on an Apple LaserWriter 12/640.

I normally use LaTeX but decided to try lout because of what I thought
was better handling of fonts....which brings up another question.

When adding my own fonts from the Bitstream 500 CD. I assume I just
put them in a directory where the X server can find them and then
update the fontdefs file. Is that correct?  I notice I seem to have
the standard URW fonts in 3 different places. Mass confusion reigns.

--
Robert Valliant
Center for Russia in Asia, University of Hawaii at Manoa