lout-users

Re: PostScript output of @Diag

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: PostScript output of @Diag
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 17:39:49 +0300

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 02:10:32PM +0100, Giovanni Zezza wrote:

> where I was sure to find a PostScript 'arc' instruction (or something on
> the bitmap side supposition), and wasn't able to add some objective
> evidence to this subjective feeling of mine.

That's buried down in diagf.lpg (where .lpg stands for Lout Prepend
Graphic).  See diagf, line 1836, where outline names are mapped to
PostScript routines from diagf.lpg, the see diagf.lpg for more
gory details.

See section on @Diag's expert usage where there's a small paragraph,
that says:

  Two points may also be separated by address@hidden "["address@hidden
address@hidden "]"},
  where @I point stands for any point.  This causes the two points to be
  joined by an arc whose centre is at the given point:

Then consider /ldiagcircle from diagf.lpg:

  /ldiagcircle {
     % ... define labels and directions ...

     S [ CTR ] E [ CTR ] N [ CTR ] W [ CTR ] S
  } def

So, as you can see, circle is drawn as four arcs

SY, Uwe