lout-users

RE: Strange behavior of "root" in "over"'s context

From: mzukowski
Subject: RE: Strange behavior of "root" in "over"'s context
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 09:24:38 -0800

> A good thing, instead, would be a better integration with
> PostScript, maybe
> having Lout understanding some PostScript's semantic, or at least
> communicating in both directions with it (let's say, Lout
> isn't Lout but
> Lout+PostScript). How this might be achieved (either with an internal
> Ghoscript interpret or whatever) I don't know, but I know I would be
> grateful to have it.

Display PostScript defines a client/server model extension of PostScript for
doing interactive computations like you need to do when displaying to a
screen.  The NeXT operating system relied on DPS as its display system and
worked amazingly well.

Unfortunately there is no full free implementation of DPS that I know of.
There is a partial implementation for the GnuStep project: www.gnustep.org.

Monty