lout-users

Re: Whole appendix in lines @Break?

From: Jeffrey Howard Kingston
Subject: Re: Whole appendix in lines @Break?
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:30:29 +0000

I would have thought that

    @Appendix
        @Title { My Perl code }
    @Begin
    lines @Break {
    lots and lots of lines
    }
    @End @Appendix

would have worked.  But in any case the "truthful aside" puts us on
a different track.  Have you thought of using the very new prg2lout
as the basis of implementing a perfect @Perl symbol?  It really is
remarkably easy to do.  Then we can all use it for evermore, in the
wonderful arrangement

    @Appendix
        @Title { My Perl code }
    @Begin
    @Perl
    {
        lots and lots of Perl with absolutely no tidying up needed.
    }
    @End @Appendix

The new prg2lout program is arranged so that, in order to add a
new language, all you have to do is declare the tokens (Perl is
like C, right, so most of them will already be there) and then
declare the keywords and you're basically done.  If you look in
file prg2lout.c you'll see how to do it.  Also I'm very willing
to help out.

Jeff Kingston
address@hidden is still my preferred email address.