lout-users

Re: coloured shadowboxes

From: Mike Dowling
Subject: Re: coloured shadowboxes
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:42:04 +0200

On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 10:41:47AM +0100, Jeffrey Howard Kingston wrote:
> I'll look into adding options for this when I'm preparing the next
> release.

Thanks!

I was wondering if it were possible to even enable the user to define
his own boxes for pages using postscript.

It is almost trivial in postscript to draw ones own shadow or curved
boxes in every possible colour.  More interesting, and difficult, would
be to define a path instead of a box, and to write text around that
path.  For example, instread of stroking (sorry, postscript-speak) a
curved box, we could write "This is a box" repeatedly around it.
Presumably, size parameters would then have to be made known to lout,
namely the thickness and positioning.

Cheers,
Mike