lout-users

Re: more than 26 columns in a table

From: Jeffrey Howard Kingston
Subject: Re: more than 26 columns in a table
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:04:22 +0100

The short answer is No.

If you need so many columns, it's a fair guess that there won't be
much in each one.  If they are all one-line columns, you might be
able to get away with this arrangement:

address@hidden address@hidden ...}

i.e. two tables, one right beside the other.  If this almost works
then you can fiddle with struts to manually ensure that the rows
have the same height in both tables.

If any of your entries are wide enough to require paragraph breaking,
it gets quite a lot harder; but we can talk about it.  It basically
comes down to using the @Cell options to force Lout to use up the
amount of space that you know is the right amount although Lout doesn't.

Jeff