lout-users

Re: Problem with Bookman font

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Problem with Bookman font
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:45:15 +0300

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 10:40:44 +0100, address@hidden wrote:

>      @InitialFont { Bookman Base 24p      }.

> B{ {CLIENTE:  FORMAGERIES TERRES D'OR blah blah blah blah}}

> The problem is that the B row appears without spaces between words.
> If I want spaces I must use @Verbatim. If I don't use @Verbatim, I
> must add two spaces, but then the spacing is too much.

Tables are really hard to get right automagically and Bookman is a
dense font.  Unfortunately on short runs of text (like a table cell)
paragraph breaker is not very good at evaluating "badness" of line
breaking choices, so in your case it prefers a very tight one (hint:
use -dof (for "object fill") to trace paragraph breaker).

I usually check if my cells look ok and if some are not - I just fill
those that aren't manually (perhaps, tweaking column widths as well in
the process).

SY, Uwe