lout-users

Re: Problem with Bookman font

From: Erdmut Pfeifer
Subject: Re: Problem with Bookman font
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:50:31 +0100

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 03:32:55PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:

>      Ok, a problem I saw beside of that is that the printer didn't had the
> Bookman font, so the text printed out with Courier. It would be nice (or a
> TODO feature?) to add an option to lout for including the font description
> in the Postscript output.

Hi,

I usually keep my collection of non-standard fonts in a subdirectory
of lout's lib/include (named "fonts" for example).
Then I can do e.g.:

# include non-standard fonts

@SysPrependGraphic { "fonts/Myriad-Roman.pfa" }

@SysPrependGraphic { "fonts/OfficinaSans-Bold.pfa" }

to have the type1 font files included in lout's output. Also, I keep
the associated font metrics files (.afm) in lout's lib/fonts directory
(and added them to the fontdefs database). The latter is only necessary
for fonts for which no metrics are included in the lout distribution).

Works fine for me.

Erdmut

--
Erdmut Pfeifer
science+computing gmbh

-- Bugs come in through open windows. Keep Windows shut! --