lout-users

Re: ttf font conversion

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: ttf font conversion
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 03:01:53 +0400

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 12:14:41 -0700, Efraim Yawitz wrote:

> > Hmm, checked Hebrew TrueType fonts on my NT box (David, Rod).  They
> > have non standard names: "alef", "bet" etc... *sigh*.
>
> How did you examine the fonts?

FontLab.  Yuri Yarmola generously provided me a free copy.

BTW, I've checked fontlab site and it seems that the demo for their
new release, FontLab 3.1, is limited *only* in the ability to export
fonts, you can save *.vfb files now.  Get your demo copy today!

PS: I think FontLab should work under WINE.  I tried it some time ago.
There were few glitches though, I vaguely recall.  Hmm, aha - here's a
screenshot I still have lying around

    http://www.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/lout/FontLab-Wine.png

SY, Uwe